Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Chicago's Best Places For Soup


A dedicated and loyal reader to my blog suggested that I do a post on the best places to get soup in Chicago.  Since sandwich weather might be a couple weeks ago, I figured I would highlight some of Chicago's best places to get a nice bowl of that hot goodness.  Feel free to add your suggestions in the comments!
1)  My personal favorite is Soupbox on 2943 Broadway St or there's one on Chicago/Rush St.  This soup emporium offers about a dozen kind of soups made fresh daily and the ability to personalize with your own mixes
2) The Bagel - 3107 N Broadway St. Sit down at this restaurant you have the best pairings with your matzo ball, dumpling, cabbage or soup of the day. This is truly an authentic deli.  If you can't get down with that, another favorite of mine Stella's is across the street.
3) Where can you get the best French onion soup in Chicago?  I think the answer is Bistro 110 on 110 E. Pearson.  This place has the best French onion soup I've  ever had!
4) If you are looking for some variety downtown, go to Foodlife in Water Tower Place.  They have great daily offerings that change daily!
5) Whole foods.  This store does great soups to go.  Buy a container and bring it home! My favorites are tomato bisque, new england clam chowder, and butternut squash!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The best soup is on Sundays at Grant Square Restaurant in Hinsdale! I go there every week! Cream of chicken with rice!!!!!