Thursday, June 26, 2008

Wednesday night parties

Last night checked out the SHE Boutique anniversary party at their store in Lincoln Park. A dj provided some great tunes to listen to while all the chicago trendy girls shopped. I have to say everyone was dressed so well. It made me feel so proud of all the fashionable women in Chicago. I did see some horrible outfits though.. like the lacy number that looked like lingerie with a sweater over it and the worst a grey pantsuit with skinny belt. As a friend of mine critiqued our dislike for the ensemble my friend Kristin chimed in with her genuine "I like it though.. I really like it"

Outside we were approached by an "editor" of Chicago Collection magazine thats having a sample sale of all the beauty products she has gotten from companies by working at the magazine. This girl sketched me out so much! Not only is it illegal to sell promotional items from companies but her whole awkwardness bothered me. Maybe it was the million questions I started to ask her, I don't know. But anyways, they will be setting up a stand at the Bucktown Library on Saturday and Sunday at 9 a.m.

After the SHE Party, we headed to Violet Hour for their One Year Anniversary hosted by Don Julio and Esquire. I tried some expensive tequila and had an awesome brovo tequila cocktail - very fruity but with hints of bitters. Cocktail waitresses were walking around with interesting appetizers my favorite being a banana peanut butter bacon dessert. I know it sounds so weird but it was amazing!

So, it was a great party night and the plus side of it was that I made it to work this morning :-)

Lots is going on in Chicago this weekend.

A couple things I'll highlight for you...

Friday night-
1.) Castaways is having a party with Too White Crew playing
2.) Avenue M is hosting there one year anniversary

Saturday
1.) Cubs and Sox are playing at the Cell. I'll be there cheering on the Cubbies!
2.) Stevie Wonder is playing T.O.C. (I'm so sad I will miss seeing my idol)

Sunday
1) Gay Pride parade is going on!

There's just a few for you. There's so much more going on.

No comments: