Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Bad Tomato!



Well, I'm staying away from one of my favorite fruits right now.. :-(


About 70 people across several states have been diagnosed as having been infected with Salmonella Saintpaul. The Center for Disease Control has identified consumption of raw tomatoes as the likely source of the problem.
Roma Tomatoes Judy Hedding The specific type and source of tomatoes aren't yet certain, but preliminary data suggest that large tomatoes, including Roma and red round are the source.
Many people infected with Salmonella develop diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps within 12–72 hours after eating infected foods. The illness usually lasts several days to a week. Most people recover without treatment. Infants, the elderly, and people with impaired immune systems are especially at risk to develop more severe infections.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello,

Please immediately delete your recent post entitled Bad Tomato! Since I wrote the article, and the picture also belongs to me, both were lifted from my web site. They are both subject to copyright and you may not use either my photos or my content without my express permission.

Thanks for your immediate attention.

Judy Hedding
About.com Guide to Phoenix, AZ
http://phoenix.about.com

www.About.com
About.com is part of The New York Times Company